Borrowing/Renewals/Holds (Reservations) Procedures
- A User must mention his/her valid registered name when borrowing materials (must do it in person).
- A User is held responsible for all materials charged to his/her account.
- A User should not use another user’s account to borrow materials or gain access to other library services.
- A User must not sub-lend library materials.
- A User shall be held responsible for any mutilation found in library materials when returned. They must check and report any mutilation found before borrowing.
- A User must return or renew their materials immediately when due or recalled.
- All materials that are overdue and have holds placed against them must be returned immediately. Borrowing, reserving and renewing of all materials will be suspended until the overdue material has been returned.
- A User must ensure that Library materials checked out to them are returned or renewed on or before the due date. Notices sent by the Library serve only as a reminder and non-receipt of the notices does not absolve any User from paying fines or other penalties as stated in these Rules. Users are encouraged to login at 192.168.10.5:8000 (LIU Library OPAC) and use their username and password (got with the help of a library staff) to check their library record regularly.
- Any material that is not returned in response to a final overdue notice would be considered as overdue or lost and the User responsible shall be billed accordingly.
- Library materials are deemed to be on loan to Users until properly checked in at return. Users must verify that the material have been properly checked in before leaving the Library.
- Users who lose Library materials are liable to pay for the current cost of the books (including binding costs, if applicable) as well as administrative and processing charges of the book.
- Fines may be imposed, and /or library membership may be suspended or withdrawn for any member who breaches any of the Library rules. Disciplinary action may also be taken against patrons found guilty of breaching the Library rules.
- All students are allowed 1 online renewal for Library materials.
- Academic staff members are allowed 2 online renewals for Library materials.
- Renewals will not be accepted if; item is on hold for another patron, item is long overdue, item has exceeded number of renewals allowed, item has been recalled.
- Renewals through the telephone or email may be accepted.
- Users must check the online catalog to ensure that there are no holds on the item before renewing the item.
- Holds can be placed for Library materials.
- Users may place holds on Library materials through the LIU OPAC using the “Place hold” function.
- Users must check OPAC regularly to find out whether the materials they have placed on hold are ready to be picked up. LIU Staff and Students who have email addresses provided by the University MAY be notified by email.
- If the material is not collected by the stipulated date the ‘hold’ will lapse.
- Each User may place ‘holds’ on a maximum number of items according to their loan entitlement.
- Library Users must personally collect Library materials on ‘holds’ for them.
- Requests through the telephone will not be accepted.
- Library Staff reserves the right to cancel ‘holds’ for items.