LIU Library – General Rules and Regulations
- Maximum silence is to be observed in the library at all times.
- Use of communication devices (such as cell phone, laptops, etc.) in a way that disrupts the concentration of the rest of the users is prohibited in the library.
- Unauthorized dressing as defined by the university is not allowed in the library.
- Smoking and or consumption of food and drinks in the library are forbidden.
- Behaviors which adversely impact on other individuals’ use or access to library facilitates and resources (such as reservation of seats, etc.) are not allowed.
- Books used within the library should be left on the reading tables (A user should not reshelve the books used).
- Library users are expected to return the items borrowed on time.
- All library users must always present their belongings (such as books, papers, folders/box files, etc.) to the staff on duty when leaving the library. These will be thoroughly checked to clear any doubts.
- Damaging library items, facilities, equipment, furniture, identification marks relating to location of items/books calls for a penalty.
- Any acts of theft or attempted theft of library items, equipment, furniture, etc., are not tolerated in the library.
- The Library reserves the right to reject circulation, cancel reservations, loans requests and to limit or withdraw a member’s privileges without prior notice for any reason deemed appropriate by the Library.
- Library patron user accounts are not transferable. You should always use your account when borrowing library resources. One is not permitted to use another patron’s account to borrow library resources.
- Patrons may replace lost library material by either paying a fee equivalent to the price of the lost item or simply buying the lost book. Clarification on this should be sought from the University Librarian.
- Library Staff on duty shall not be held responsible for the loss of any personal belongings of users in the Library.
The Library staff have the right to:
- Ask a User to leave the Library if he or she causes any kind of disturbance.
- Remove any book, file, bag, food or any other personal belongings of the users, which are left unattended.
- Ask a non-Member to leave the Library.
- No animals in the Library premises.
- Perform any other acceptable and realistic action as deemed necessary by the staff.